Burrows Group Ltd
Burrows Group Ltd is an SME operating in the construction sector. We provide high quality insulation, including EWI and roofing installations to improve durability and thermal efficiency to a variety of buildings both commercial and domestic. Clients range from home owners, housing associations, local government departments and building contractors.
The scope of the company is for the provision of insulation, including EWI and roofing installations across the United Kingdom.
Burrows Group Ltd is committed to protecting the local and global environment of the Earth.
To minimize environmental impacts concerning our activities, products and services, we shall:-
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which the Company subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects.
- To include the consideration of environmental issues in all business strategies and initiatives.
- Burrows Group Ltd senior management are committed to ensure that protection of the environment is firmly embedded in both the company’s and all employees culture and will endeavour to influence its suppliers and customers in a similar strategic environmental manner
- Prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimise the consumption of resources.
- Consider the wider global impact of all our activities including those of our suppliers customers and other stakeholders
- Educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner and ensure that a continuous professional development strategy remains core to our business goals
- Encourage environmental protection among suppliers and subcontractors.
- To investigate the feasibility of influencing its suppliers, customers and third parties with consideration to life cycle impacts of their aspects. and activities
- Encourage and enhance biodiversity and ecology
The Company is committed to continual improvement of environmental performance. This Policy will be communicated to all staff, contractors and suppliers, and be available to the public through selected media.
Steffan White, Burrows Group Ltd Managing Director
Issue: 3 - Date Last Amended: 29/01/2018
Appendix 1: Quality Policy
Burrows Group Ltd is committed to the provision of quality products and services that fully conform to the requirements of our customers. By consistently providing products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations we will promote customer satisfaction and in turn achieve business success. This is achieved through the consistent application of a quality system, the main objectives of which are to:
- Get things right first time, every time;
- continually improve the quality of our products and services;
- maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers;
- maintain employees’ understanding regarding the quality system;
- promote an environment of continual improvement in all aspects of the Company’s operations.
This requires the adoption of procedures throughout the Company that are focused on meeting each department’s customer requirements. This is achieved by:
- Identifying and understanding customer requirements and ensuring that all employees are aware of their importance for the Company’s success;
- setting and reviewing management objectives that provide a focus for performance improvements and improved customer satisfaction;
- fostering a culture which encourages the early identification of problems and the adoption of effective and efficient corrective and preventive actions;
- providing adequate financial and physical resources to support the full implementation of the policy;
- providing training and education to all our employees to ensure they understand and are competent to carry out their role and to improve their performance;
- communicating openly with employees, subcontractors and clients on quality issues, encouraging them to participate in and contribute to performance improvements;
- planning and executing work to meet the customer’s requirements in the most cost effective and efficient way; and
- reviewing and revising the policy and procedures at least annually.
Management are responsible for developing, monitoring and implementing procedures in their area of responsibility and for ensuring that this policy is understood and implemented throughout the Company. Every employee has responsibility for the quality of their own work and for contributing to improvements in our products, services and management processes.
This policy will be displayed prominently throughout the Company and will be available externally to all interested parties on request. It will be kept up to date and will be amended to suit any changes in the size or nature of the Company’s activities. Burrows Group Ltd shall review and update their Quality Policy and related documents in accordance with any technological innovations and market changes.
Date Last Amended: 29/01/2018
Burrows Group Health & Safety Policy
The Directors of Burrows Group recognise and fully accept their responsibilities to our employees and other persons, so far as is reasonably practicable, whose health and safety may be affected by the Company’s acts or omissions, in accordance with Section 2 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
We acknowledge that the key to successful Health & Safety management requires our committed to continual make improvements in health and safety standards and set clear objectives with effective and regular reviews of performance. It is our intention that the management of health and safety considerations and the prevention of injury and ill health be an integral part of everyday working behaviour.
The Company operates as a specialist in insulation and roofing services within the construction sector. Operating from purpose built premises in Wolverhampton, the Company carries out installations nationwide for both private clients and as a specialist sub contractor to building contractors.
It is the policy of the Company to:
Make available appropriate support for all employees to maintain this policy and to comply with all relevant regulatory, legislative, codes of practice and other requirements.
Operate a Health & Safety Management System that forms part of a Burrows Group integrated management system, the Burrows Management System (BMS), that fully meets the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001: 2007 and in which the implementation of health and safety best practice is a line management responsibility.
Consult with all employees on matters affecting their health and safety, encouraging active management leadership and operative’s participation via project Safety and Environmental Committee Meetings, these are to be open and honesty discussions all viewpoints and recommendations with will tabled ate the monthly project review meeting with the senior management team.
All employees have a duty under the Health & Safety at works Act 1974 and are informed of their personal responsibilities to take due care of Health & Safety of themselves and to ensure that they don’t endanger others person by their acts or omissions. All employees are also informed that they must fully co-operate with the implementation of this policy. Ensuring that they have a good understanding of the health and safety impacts of our business and what they are expected to do to manage these impacts.
Provide the necessary information, training, instruction, supervision and resources to enable our employees to carry out their health and safety responsibilities effectively.
Strive for continuous improvement in health and safety by setting and publishing annual targets for improvement.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and persons working under the control of Burrows Group with the intent that they are made aware of their individual obligations and responsibilities for health and safety and that these are no less important than any other duties they undertake.
The Directors of Burrows have overall responsibility for the development of this policy, which will be reviewed annually as a minimum; it will be prominently displayed at all offices, sites and work places and is available to all interested parties.
We regard all Health & Safety legislation as the minimum standard and expect management to achieve their targets without compromising Health & Safety.
Date Last Amended: 21/08/2017